Snow is now on the ground, and based on the future forecast, it’s not going anywhere. Enter fly tying season…and half assed ice fishing season. I’ll most likely spend more time tying flies than sitting on the ice. I’m really good at catching trees during the warmer months, so, I need to get those boxes filled back up.
|Vedavoo Fly Tying Wallet keeping all of my tools organized.|
|My Bench Basin is always near my vise ready for scraps and whatever else I toss in it.|
My fly tying gear you see in the 2 photos above.
- Vedavoo Bench Basin – Perfect if you go to open fly tying events, trips, friends houses, or other parts of your home. Also works great for an on the go dog bowl.
- Vedavoo Fly Tying Wallet – Great for keeping all of your tools organized at home or on the go.
- Vedavoo Pinch Pouch – Another great piece of gear for organization. Perfect for keeping all kinds of small things together while you’re on the go.
- Rite Bobbin Half Hitch – My favorite bobbin to use for all of my trout, bass, and similar sized flies….I even use this for my pike and smaller musky flies.
- Rising Stellar Scissors – Hands down my favorite pair of scissors out there. I’ve been using them for years, and have several pairs of them.
I probably sound like a broken record, but I’m definitely not giving up on this blogging thing. I really need to contact the Google and figure out why I cannot “reply” to comments in the comment section. It’s not recognizing my Google account name/log in information. Maybe it’s because I’ve been neglecting the blog. More to come.
5 Replies to “Fly Tying Season”
Glad to see you're still around. I think blogging is becoming something in the past with the push to social media, but NCT is hanging on at least for a while too. Stay warm brother.
I think everyone has gotten into a media slump. I'm not sure why but it seems like the fly fishing industry in general has. I feel like everything is starting to stir again though. Podcasts have infected me with the fishing bug.
Happy to see you stop by, Mark! It's really good to see that there are still blogs around and still going strong. I never intend to stop, but breaks will happen. Hope you are doing well!
I think everything is starting to stir again. Podcasts have been a great influence, and I do have plans to start one of my own soon, once I better figure out my time management ha. A lot of the younger generation use facebook and Instagram to \”blog\” or keep a journal of sorts.