Took a ride with my Uncle and Cousin to help with the grunt work of setting up my grandparents camper.
1. Get the roof/tarp over the screened in deck.
- Not a problem for my Cousin Donny and I. The key to getting the roof/tarp over is a trick our Grandfather taught us of rolling it up, and once it’s through the tracks, we can then roll it down over the rest of the roof, but the thing that made this go so quickly was my Uncle Mike utilizing the broom stick. =)
- This was the hardest part of the day, and to think, our Grandfather used to do this by himself with the help of our Grandmother using the broomstick. Unbelievable.
Clean up all of the leaves that accumulated on the deck and stayed all Winter.
- There was an incredible amount of leaves on the deck. We grabbed 3 brooms, and started sweeping. It was not until we were pretty much finished that we had the thought of a leaf blower. My Uncle went to check the shed, and sure enough, there was a leaf blower. There’s no doubt that Papa Carf was definitely shaking his head and laughing at us.
- No rodents. The moth balls win, again!